Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on Qualcomm

On 07/11/16 12:39, Suresh Kanzariya wrote:
Hi Julien/Sameer,

Hello Suresh,

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 at 16:09 Suresh Kanzariya <skanzariya@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:skanzariya@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    I have not build it yet, but before I started building and porting
    on 410 platform, I just want to make feasibility whether it is
    possible or not?, Because as I said earlier Qualcomm uses its own
    hypervisor that is QHEE, so just wanted to conform whether 2
    hypervisor run simultaneous or not and if not what are the possible
    changes are required in xen hypervisor to make it run on 410 platform.

I already answered to this question earlier. It is not possible to run 2 hypervisors on the same platform. Xen requires virtualization extensions so you will have to remove QHEE in order to run Xen.
 However this was a latent bug exacerbate by this platform.

    Also does anyone did it before as the earlier link i shared stats
    that Xen crashes on Qualcomm platform, but I don't find any
    information about the platform.

Based on the description of the patch, Xen was crashing on "Qualcomm server" platform. I believe that Qualcomm 410 is targeting smartphone.

    So It will be great if someone can spread more lights on this.

    My specific questions are below.
    1. does xen run on Qualcomm 410 platform? if not what are the
    reasons and if it can run what are the possible changes are required?

From a Xen point of view, we only require hardware with virtualization extensions (from your previous mail, it seems to be the case). You can have more details about porting Xen to a new platform here [1].

Now, the question is whether the software stack allows you to use virtualization extensions. I will let Qualcomm answer on this one as I don't know the platform.

Regards,

[1] https://schd.ws/hosted_files/xensummit2016/eb/slides.pdf

--
Julien Grall