Re: [Xen-devel] Xen ARM small task (WAS: Re: [Xen Question])

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Julien Grall wrote:
> (CC Stefano and change the title)
>
> Hello,
>
> On 10/11/16 12:13, casionwoo wrote:
> > I’m pleased about your reply and you have a lot of code to clean-up.
> >
> > As you mentioned, It’s really huge to digest at once. Thank you for
> > understanding me.
> >
> > And that’s why i need a small fix up and todo list.
> >
> > I feel familiar with ARM and c language and there’s no specific area yet.
> >
> > I think that i can find interesting area with following up the codes.
> >
> > I’m looking forward to being stuck on Xen.
> >
> > Then it would be easier for me to understand about Xen on ARM.
> >
> > Please let me know the TODO and bug-fix lists.
>
> Stefano, before giving a list of code clean-up, do you have any small TODO on
> ARM in mind?

A simple task we talked about recently is to enable the vuart
(xen/arch/arm/vuart.c) for all guests. At the moment it is only emulated
for Dom0, but some guests, in particular BareMetal guests
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BareMetal), would benefit from it.

It would be best to introduce an option in libxl to explicitly
enable/disable the vuart for DomUs. Something like vuart=1 in the VM
config file.

BTW we should keep this up to date:

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_TODO