Re: [Xen-devel] Xen like VirtualBox

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 14:05 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you but the problem is that "virt-manager" is for Redhat and
> Redhat don't like Xen anymore because of KVM.

That's not really accurate. Virt-manager is --at least last time I've
tried, which is not too long ago-- a GUI front-end for libvirt.

It is may be true that a lot of its contributors works for or are
related to RedHat, and it is probably still true that it does its best
with KVM... But it actually works with Xen already (it, at least up to
a certain extent, should work with whatever uses libvirt).

In fact, if you go to https://virt-manager.org/ ;, this is what you
find:
"The virt-manager application is a desktop user interface for managing
virtual machines through libvirt. It primarily targets KVM VMs, but
also manages Xen and LXC (linux containers)."

It could be made a lot better, when used on Xen, but that will only
happen with some effort, and helping us assessing what does work and
what does not, would be a very valuable contribution.

>  Another problem is that a program like VirtualBox has a nice GUI but
> virt-manager not.

Mmm.. so, you're saying that you like VirtualBox's GUI but you don't
like virt-manager's one, right? In which case, oh, well...

Dario