Re: [Xen-devel] Xen like VirtualBox

You said a Red Hat employee and this company like KVM not Xen.

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:16 PM, John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14/11/16 14:05, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you but the problem is that "virt-manager" is for Redhat and Redhat
> don't like Xen anymore because of KVM. Another problem is that a program like
> VirtualBox has a nice GUI but virt-manager not.

virt-manager is also available for Fedora and Fedora doesn't have a
problem with Xen.

> $ dnf info virt-manager
> [...]
> Summary     : Desktop tool for managing virtual machines via libvirt
> URL         : http://virt-manager.org/
> License     : GPLv2+
> Description : Virtual Machine Manager provides a graphical tool for
>             : administering virtual machines for KVM, Xen, and LXC. Start,
> stop,
>             : add or remove virtual devices, connect to a graphical or serial
>             : console, and see resource usage statistics for existing VMs on
>             : local or remote machines. Uses libvirt as the backend management
>             : API.

virt0manager.org is registered to an individual (admittedly, I believe,
a Red Hat employee).   According to the home page it's available for
Fedora, Debian, Gentoo and OpenBSD.

You could go ahead and do your own version of a GUI but I'd suggest that
fixing the Xen interface and pushing any needed changes to libvirt would
be better.

jch