Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Dynamic Migration and Load Balancing

As far as I can tell in the past decade, energy efficiency, dynamic migration, load-balancing, etc. in virtualization platforms, server farms and cloud computing infrastructures have been discussed and researched which are not new to the academic and industry.

If I understood you correctly then what was in your mind was balancing the load and dynamically migrating VMs to lower energy consumption and achieving a compromise between energy and performance. However, you should think twice before jumping into this 'mess', like the search result shows, it's not a very appealing research topic right now from my point of view.

BUT IF YOU DO have some innovations and really brilliant ideas then you should continue on it. My suggestion is that you should go through all the published result first and determine if you can make a difference.

PS: You should check the published results first (ACM\IEEE\other journals) rather than posting here, as this is a user mailing list.

Good luck,
Kun