Re: [Xen-devel] Define a new Wiki part for Xen Project.

On 18/11/2016 15:38, "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 04:22:07PM +0100, Geza Gemes wrote:
>> On 11/18/2016 11:25 AM, Jason Long wrote:
>> > Hello developers.
>> > I have a request and please let me know your idea.
>> > Can Xen experts define a new part on Wiki about Xen developing for
>>beginners? I mean is something like "
>> > kernelnewbies.org" but for Xen. For example, say to users which
>>programming languages are necessary, which book is good for learning
>>those languages and which part of Xen codes are good for start.
>> > I know it may funny for someone here or smeone consider the questions
>>like it as Spam but be sure it help begginers and other users for
>>improve Xen and get involved to project.
>> > I like to hear developers idea.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

>> Hi,
>>
>> As a xennewby I definitely support your idea!
>
>If you look at:
>https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_Projects
>
>does that help in the selection? Granted it could be expanded, but that
>brings another question (Lars, Cc-ing you for this): There are some
>projects, like:
> a) Re-implement the physical CPU hotplug capability in 'xen-hptool' in
>   libxl, or
> b) Re-implement xen-livepatch inside libxl
>
>which can take, oh, a couple of weeks to for newbies to get done? But
>those wouldn't neccessarily fit in the Outreach Program Projects?
>Perhaps we should group them together as 'starter project' or such?
>
>The language part is simple, it is C.

I don't think it's quite the right thing and what Geze is looking for. I
think it's more about, which books, where do you find API docs/design
docs/..., how to build/test/troubleshoot, etc. - I think we have a lot of
this all over the place with a few gaps.

I think the challenge is that what we write down would need to make sense
for a newbie. So it would have to be
A) written by someone else - tested by a newbie
B) written by someone who is just getting started, e.g. someone starting
on Outreachy

@George: this could be something which may be worthwhile discussing with
Rojas

Lars