Re: [Xen-devel] Xen virtual IOMMU high level design doc V3

Hi Lan,

On 17/11/2016 09:36, Lan Tianyu wrote:

1) Definition of "struct xen_dmop_viommu_op" as new hypercall parameter.

struct xen_dmop_viommu_op {
    u32 cmd;
    u32 domid;
    u32 viommu_id;
    union {
        struct {
            u32 capabilities;
        } query_capabilities;
        struct {
            /* IN parameters. */
            u32 capabilities;
            u64 base_address;
            struct {
                u32 size;
                XEN_GUEST_HANDLE_64(uint32) dev_list;
            } dev_scope;
            /* Out parameters. */
            u32 viommu_id;
        } create_iommu;
            struct {
            /* IN parameters. */
            u32 vsbdf;

I only gave a quick look through this design document. The new hypercalls looks arch/device agnostic except this part.

Having a virtual IOMMU on Xen ARM is something we might consider in the future.

In the case of ARM, a device can either be a PCI device or integrated device. The latter does not have a sbdf. The IOMMU will usually be configured with a stream ID (SID) that can be deduced from the sbdf and hardcoded for integrated device.

So I would rather not tie the interface to PCI and use a more generic name for this field. Maybe vdevid, which then can be architecture specific.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall