[Xen-devel] Problems with livepatching

I have been experimenting with live patching with the recent batch of
security updates on Fedora xen with very limited success. I had most
attempts with a test build of xen-4.8.0-rc6, and of the updates I have
tried only xsa192.patch uploads successfully. For example with
xsa191.patch the upload fails with the output
Uploading /tmp/xen-debuginfo/out1/xsa191.livepatch (1561400 bytes)
Upload failed: /tmp/xen-debuginfo/out1/xsa191.livepatch, error: 2(No such
file or directory)!
and in xl dmesg a long debugging output ends with the line
(XEN) livepatch_elf.c:295: livepatch: xsa191: Unknown symbol: .LC0
with a similar line (mostly with .LC0 but with .LC3 in one case) for the
other failed attempts. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem
with live patching in this case?

        Michael Young