Re: [Xen-devel] XEN tools for ARM64 build issue

>>> Building latest XEN master branch
>>> (58bd0c7985890e0292212f94a56235228a3445c3) for salvator-x platform using
>>> the same yocto as here
>>> https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Salvator-X
>>> I've
>>> faced following issue:
>>>
>>> Maximum error count (200) exceeded
>>>
>>> /home/aanisov/DEV/salvatorx-new/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/xen/4.8.0+
>>> gitAUTOINC+58bd0c7985-r0/git/tools/libxl/dsdt_anycpu_arm.asl
>>>      3:         OperationRegion ( MSUM, SystemMemory, \_SB.MSUA, 1 )
>>> Error    4084 -
>>>
>>>                          Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.MSUA)
>>
>> Looking at the source I see that this statement gets included for
>> x86 only. Are you perhaps doing a cross build of the ARM tools
>> on an x86 host? If so, it looks like some work would be needed to
>> make that work (again? not sure if it ever worked), as there are
>> various build host architecture conditionals in mk_dsdt.c.
>
> I gave a look at this error, I had in mind to replace all the #if
> defined(__*__) by the CONFIG_* equivalent.
>
> However, the CONFIG_* are not available for the tools. I guess we need
> to add them in the tools config.h. Any opinions?

The CONFIG_* values are available in the Makefile (from
config/arm*.mk). I think it would be better if the tool was told
via command line option what architecture to build tables for.
That would imply converting the problematic #if-s to if()s. Of
course the per-arch #include-s at the top may be a problem
here, but then again I'm not convinced the full xen/arch-arm.h
is really needed here (I'm pretty sure including
xen/hvm/hvm_info_table.h would cause no issue for ARM, the
more that nominally this is an arch-independent header anyway).

Jan