[Xen-devel] xen-4.8-rc7 in Stretch with linux-image 4.8 fails to boot domU with pv-grub

List,

Built & packaged xen 4.8-rc7 in Stretch (deb9) today.

xen-4.8-rc7 in Stretch with linux-image 4.8, fails to boot domU kernel with pv-grub:
     https://paste.debian.net/plain/899726

from config/Tools.mk: ZLIB   :=  -DHAVE_BZLIB -lbz2 -DHAVE_LZMA -llzma -DHAVE_LZO1X -llzo2
this worked with 4.8-rc6, as of Nov. 23.

I also tried to downgrade the pv-grub to 4.6 and it still failed, so I suspect some interaction with xl.

I found the exact same behavior in Ubuntu Xenial, that is none of my pv-grub domU start.

However regular pygrub, and pv-grub2 are working fine to boot the same domU.

Such a small handful of patches in the last 7 days caused this. I can't narrow it down, so this report will do.

PryMar56