Re: [Xen-devel] Intentional EPT Misconfigurations in xen

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I find that if guest writes or reads MSR related to MTRR which will cause vm exit, xen will just calculate mtrr type and store it without setting the EPT. Why doesn't xen set the memory type (ie,emt filed)in entry of EPT when handling vm exit resulting from writing/reading MSR related to MTRR?

I also find that xen will get the field of corresponding entries properly set when handling EPT Misconfigurations. But memory type related to these entries may be changed by guest after xen dose this. So how do we handle these properly configured EPT entries which don't cause EPT Misconfigurations any more when the memory type is changed by guest? Thanks