Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.9 Development Update

On 12/09/2016 03:57 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 02:57:04PM +0200, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
Should we have a section on new PV drivers? If so, I suggest to add:
- Xen transport for 9pfs
- PV Calls
Good idea. We could also include DRM and PV Sound (CC Oleksandr).

This is a great idea. Let me explain what we have and what the direction is:
1. Frontends which we already have, working, but need to refactor/cleanup:
1.1. PV sound
1.2. PV DRM
1.3. DISPL protocol, I will push v1 for review right after sndif done
1.3. PV DRM mapper (Dom0 generic DRM driver to implement DRM zero copy
via DRM Prime buffer sharing)
1.4. PV events not done, but we are considering [1]. If it fits and
is maintained,
then we'll probably stick to it, otherwise new PV will be created

2. Backends, for the above frontends already implemented:
2.1. A unified library for Xen backends (libxenbe)
2.2. DRM + Wayland
2.3. ALSA
2.4. Events not implemented yet

All the above sources are available on *public* Github repos
(I can provide links on request) and the intention is to
upstream.

Please do post the links..
Please note these are all WIP:
1. Frontends
https://github.com/andr2000?tab=repositories
2. Backends
https://github.com/al1img?tab=repositories

Thanks,

-- Pasi
3. We are interested in extending xl + libxl to support new PV drivers

Thank you,
Oleksandr