Re: [Xen-devel] Future x86 emulator direction

>>> On 14.12.16 at 11:43, <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The movlpd's should be easy to implement.  They aren't meaningfully
> different from their integer counterparts in terms of needs for the
> emulator.

Well, the thing here is the increasing complexity of determining
the right size to do the actual memory access with. My plan with
all of SSEn/AVXn is to primarily group instructions by their memory
access patterns, rather than by base functionality (as is the case
now) - we're using a stub anyway, and what exactly an insn does
is of little interest (as long as it doesn't do anything unusual).
That'll then also hopefully allow to simplify the relatively
convoluted way we're currently dealing with the few insns we do
support.

>> (XEN) Mem event emulation failed: d3v0 32bit @ 0008:821d385f -> 0f 6e 06
>> 0f 72 d0 18 0f ef 05 08 f6 32 82 0f 61
>
> This is just a straight movd (%esi),%mm0
>
> I could have sworn we already had support for this...

See the set of three patches sent earlier today: So far we support
only their store forms, yet this is a load.

Jan