Re: [Xen-devel] Can't boot as Xen dom0 due to commit fe055896

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 02:36:46PM -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> We are calling find_proper_container(..., &eq_id) and determine result
> based on eq_id not being zero. If find_proper_container() doesn't find
> anything it will not modify eq_id and so you get back whatever you
> passed in.

The correct fix for that is to not return struct container at all from
those functions but simply an eq_id or even an int error value or so.
Passing back a struct is simply silly. I'll prep a proper patch for
that.

> The fact that  I am having problems with HVM may or may not have
> anything to do with microcode. I don't know yet but it's separate from
> save_microcode_in_initrd_amd() patch. I am pretty sure about that
> because unlike PV it is failing in early boot code.

I still need a fix for Jürgen's use case where he lands in the
microcode loader. And that he shouldn't do in the first place when
running in a xen guest.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.