Re: [Xen-devel] [DOC RFC] Heterogeneous Multi Processing Support in Xen

> On Dec 8, 2016, at 2:29 AM, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the vCPUs for which no class is specified, default behavior applies.
>
> **TODO:** note that I think it must be possible to associate more than
> one class to a vCPU. This is expressed in the example above, and assumed
> to be true throughout the document. It might be, though, that, at least at
> early stages (see implementation phases below), we will enable only 1-to-1
> mapping.
>
> **TODO:** default can be, either:
>
> 1. the vCPU can run on any CPU of any class,
> 2. the vCPU can only run on a specific, arbitrary decided, class (and I'd say
>   that should be class 0).

I thought that one of the issues was that sometimes there are instructions
available on one pcpu and not on another; in which case once the kernel
initializes a particular vcpu on a particular pcpu it needs to stay there.

 -George