Re: [Xen-devel] [xl restore and migrating problem - hardware compatibility]

create ^
severity it blocker
affects it 4.6, 4.7, 4.8

thanks

On 23/12/16 17:00, Andrew Cooper wrote:
On 23/12/16 16:32, Ing. Ricardo Brisighelli wrote:
Hi, i'm gentoo user and try with xen 4.6.3 and 4.7.1 in both version
have the
same problem.

My cpu is AMD A10-7860K

This issue has been reported before ("[Xen-devel] "X86_PV_VCPU_MSRS
record truncated" during domain restore").

I submitted patches to fix it ("Fix issues with zero-length records in
migration v2" in July even), which made no progress.  As the author of
migration v2, and unfortunately of this bug, I stand by v1 of my fix
without any further modification.

You can find the patches here:
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/andrewcoop/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tools-fix-zero-length-records

Julien: As 4.9 RM, please mark this as a release blocker.  It is very
poor that we as a community had this reported and fixed 6 months ago,
and yet it still didn't make it into 4.8

~Andrew

--
Julien Grall