Re: [Xen-devel] Read Performance issue when Xen Hypervisor is activated

Hello,

we have tried some more tests with the system. It seems the CPU speed ist the
problem in this case.

I have installed the Tool unixbench. When the Hypervisor Kernel is bootet,
Unixbench make 2.900 Benchmark Points. When we boot the same Kernel without
Hypervisor, it generates 7.900 Benchmark Points.

So it seems, the Hypervisor limits the CPU speed or there is somethink in
conflict with the hypervisor. I have after this check the Intel ME Version of
the BIOS and have seen, that it is such an old Version in this BIOS Version,
but there is no newer BIOS Version available, maybe Supermicro stopped the
Update Support of this Mainboard -
https://www.supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9DR3-F.cfm

So i try to Update the ME Version over an Windows Installation which is
installed to an other disk actually.

For the benchmark, we have removed all CPU Limitations and gave the dom0 all
available CPU ressources. So no Core Limitation. Normally we make a dom0 limit
over grub boot configuration:

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="dom0_mem=16192M dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_vcpus_pin"

I will update you when we made an upgrade of this last thing we had not tested
yet.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Schinzel
- Geschäftsführer -

IP-Projects GmbH & Co. KG
Am Vogelherd 14
D - 97295 Waldbrunn
Telefon: 09306 - 76499-0
FAX: 09306 - 76499-15
E-Mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Geschäftsführer: Michael Schinzel
Registergericht Würzburg: HRA 6798
Komplementär: IP-Projects Verwaltungs GmbH