Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.8 + Linux 4.9 + Credit2 = can't bootup

On Wed, 2017-01-04 at 22:13 -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
> On 01/04/2017 09:10 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 08:52:03PM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> > wrote:
> > > I was trying to bootup on an 30 CPU machine (15 core, SMT).
> > >
> > > It works just fine with credit1 (see further down the log)
> > > but if I try credit2 it ends up hanging during bootup.
> > >
> > > I am a going to naively assume it is due to how the vCPUs are
> > > exposed (Where they match the physical CPUs under credit1),
> > > but under credit2 they are different.
> >
> > It seems now that I took dom0_max_vcpus out of the picture I can
> > reproduce this with credit1 scheduler. So it looks like an Linux
> > issue.
> >
> > Boris, any ideas? This is 4.9.
> >

> I think 4.9 is broken. There were changes in topology initialization
> that broke Xen in early 4.9 RCs.

Maybe it's me misremembering/saying stupid things, but I recall that at
some point we were testing some of the recent and in development Linux
branches in OSSTest.

I don't think we do that any longer, and that may be part of the reason
why we missed this one?

Ian, Wei, thoughts?

Regards,
Dario