Re: [Xen-devel] xc_evtchn_status fails with EFAULT on HVM, the same on PV works

On 13/01/17 17:31, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem - xc_evtchn_status fails when running in HVM,
> while exactly the same code (same kernel, same application etc) works
> fine in PV. I've narrowed it down to copy_from_guest call in
> common/event_channel.c, but no idea why it fails there. Xen version is
> 4.8.0. kernel is kernel-4.8.13-100.fc23. Any idea?

Which specific copy_from_guest() call?

Copying data out of a PV guest is different to copying out of a HVM
guest, but copy_from_guest() should cope properly with both.

However, to progress, it would help to know exactly which piece of data
is being requested.

~Andrew