Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 104131: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 18.01.17 at 11:23, <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, I think I finally understand your argumentation here.

>> Don't we need to consider vector classes here, i.e.
>>
>>             ASSERT((intack.vector >> 4) >= (pt_vector >> 4));
>>
>> ?
>>

> However it still doesn't explain why original ASSERT is triggered.
> vlapic_find_highest_vector actually finds the highest vector, instead
> of highest class...
>
> static int vlapic_find_highest_vector(const void *bitmap)
> {
>     const uint32_t *word = bitmap;
>     unsigned int word_offset = NR_VECTORS / 32;
>
>     /* Work backwards through the bitmap (first 32-bit word in every four). */
>     while ( (word_offset != 0) && (word[(--word_offset)*4] == 0) )
>         continue;
>
>     return (fls(word[word_offset*4]) - 1) + (word_offset * 32);
> }

Well, perhaps a PIR -> IRR syncing issue then (I in particular note
the early bailing from vmx_sync_pir_to_irr())? I guess we'd want
to see the entire IRR array (and perhaps also PI state) if the check
in the assertion fails.

Jan