Re: [Xen-devel] Pausing / unpausing a single domain VCPU via libxc

[Adding tools people, and Andrew's which, according to git history,
 has touched the involved (Xen) code for last :-) ]

On Thu, 2017-01-26 at 14:08 +0200, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that there's currently no xc_vcpu_pause() (there's only
> xc_domain_pause(), which freezes all the VCPUs), but there's
> XEN_DOMCTL_gdbsx_pausevcpu, which is only used by
> tools/debugger/gdbsx/xg/xg_main.c.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to have a "regular" DOMCTL in libxc that the
> debugger, as well as other clients, would make use of (said
> xc_vcpu_pause() / xc_vcpu_unpause())?

You mean you'd want to implement xc_vcpu_pause() by means of
the XEN_DOMCTL_gdbsx_pausevcpu?

What's the use case for that, and does it fit with the implementation
of said hypercall (which, e.g., requires that the domain is already
paused)?

Regards,
Dario