Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 104684: regressions - FAIL

On 01/26/2017 12:18 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Boris Ostrovsky writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 104684:
> regressions - FAIL"):
>> On 01/26/2017 08:23 AM, osstest service owner wrote:
>>> flight 104684 linux-linus real [real]
>>> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/104684/
>>>
>>> Regressions :-(
>>>
>>> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
>>> including tests which could not be run:
>>>  test-armhf-armhf-xl           6 xen-boot          fail REGR. vs. 59254
>> I don't see why ARM tests fail. But then I also don't see (in the serial
>> log) the output of 4.10.0-rc5 being booted. There is U-Boot loading it
>> but there it nothing coming to the console from it.
> Yes.
>
> Unfortunately the osstest bisector is having some trouble with this
> because the basis revision combination includes Xen f3a7ca02400d which
> is ancient and doesn't build now on armhf, although it built before.
> (I think the difference is that the compiler has been updated by
> Debian.)
>
> Since there is no output from Xen, I think this must be a problem with
> the Xen image, not anything to do with Linux.
>
> The history for this test is here:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl/linux-linus
>
> In xen-unstable, there is what looks like a different failure:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/104681/test-armhf-armhf-xl/serial-arndale-westfield.log
>
> The machine in 104684 is cubietruck-metzinger which seems fine:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/host/cubietruck-metzinger.html

I am probably not interpreting  results correctly but 104684 looks like
failed to me:

http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/104684/test-armhf-armhf-xl/info.html

And 104681's failure looks exactly like 104684.

> Here are the histories on the linux-linus and xen-unstable branches:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl/linux-linus
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl/xen-unstable
>
> I think there may be a host-specific bug in ARM in xen-unstable ?

I am not aware of any but I wouldn't know anyway.

-boris