Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.8-testing test] 104736: regressions - FAIL

Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [xen-4.8-testing test] 104736: regressions -
FAIL"):
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > of course I can't tell how urgent this fix was, but considering that
> > 4.8 has done fine so far without, may I ask that backports in the
> > common case get applied to stable trees only once their master
> > originals have passed all push gates on master? Security fixes are
> > the most prominent exception to this rule, but quite likely those
> > are also the only such exceptions.
>
> Yes, you are right. I did it that way in the past, but this time I
> thought that the commit was simple enough that an immidiate backport
> wouldn't be a problem. Next time, I'll wait for the push gate in any
> case (except for security fixes).

I always wait for the mainline commits to pass to master, even if they
look trivial.

Of course this doesn't help if (as I did recently) I screw up the
backports themselves...

Regards,
Ian.