Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU fault with IGD passthrough setup on XEN 4.8.0

>>> Please find the full log in the attachment.
>>
>> Sadly that one is only a partial log again. I'd really need to see the
>> boot messages too, in particular to (hopefully) be able to judge
>> whether your system uses shared or separate EPT and VT-d tables.
>>
> In the dom0.xz attachment (the second one on Feb 5th), the xl dmesg
> info from boot stage is retained.
> If that's not good enough, please instruct on how to generate the desired
> log.

That's good enough; sorry for not having checked there.

> Quote some log snippets here, please find the full log in the old
> It appears that the system uses separated EPT && VT-d tables.
> Is this good or bad?

Neither - it is merely relevant. In particular (and the new debug
patch may help understand this) it may mean that while EPT
tables get updated, IOMMU page tables may not be (even if the
code suggests this is being taken care of).

Jan