Re: [Xen-devel] arm: alloc_heap_pages allocates already allocated page

On 07/02/2017 11:10, Vijay Kilari wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/02/2017 08:18, Vijay Kilari wrote:
   I am seeing below panic with NUMA during DT mappings in
alloc_heap_pages()
BUG_ON(pg[i].count_info != PGC_state_free);
However, this issue is not there with 4.7 version. The same NUMA board
boots fine.

I am a bit confused by what you are saying. Xen on ARM does not yet support
NUMA. I also know you are working on NUMA support. So does the BUG happen on
upstream xen or upstream xen + your patches?

I was testing with Andre ITS patches (RFC version 1) + my NUMA patches
+ upstream xen.
However now I tested with upstream xen + Andre ITS patches (staging
branch) on NUMA board.

The RFC v1 is quite an old version. Please give a try using the latest version [1].

I see panic (similar to what I see with my patches). Log are here.

Well the panic is different now. An ASSERT in list_del is hit this time. This looks like a memory corruption to me.

http://pastebin.com/QJqUBvD9

The same plain upstream xen + Andre ITS patches boots fine with non-NUMA board.

I know that DOM0 cannot boot without ITS on your platform. But as you don't reach DOM0, have you tried to boot without the ITS series on NUMA board?

Regards,

[1] https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-01/msg03276.html

--
Julien Grall