Re: [Xen-devel] qemu-upstream triggering OOM killer

CC'ing Anthony

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Stefano,
>
> the recent qemuu update results in the produced binary triggering the
> OOM killer on the first system I tried the updated code on. Is there
> anything known in this area? Are there any hints as to finding out
> what is going wrong?

Hi Jan,

Do you mean QEMU upstream (from qemu.org) or qemu-xen/staging (that
hasn't changed much in the last couple of months)? Do you know if it's
something Xen specific?

In terms of new Xen specific changes in QEMU upstream,
3a6c9172ac5951e6dac2b3f6 has the potential for changing memory
allocations, but shouldn't cause an OOM. If it's easy to reproduce, I
would bisect it.