Re: [Xen-devel] [iGVT-g] XenGT GPU virtualization

Intel XenGT has another maillist " igvt-g@xxxxxxxxxxxx" to discuss Intel GPU
virtualization questions, including XenGT and KVMGT. Feel free to subscribe.

Right now, we have two version GVT-g, "old architecture" vs "new
architecture for upstream"
Old architecture:
  - The codes are maintained off-tree, support both XenGT and KVMGT.
  - Our latest code is 2016Q3 version in Oct'16, 2016Q4 version is coming
   soon due to some open bugs.
  - 2016Q3 release blog:

https://01.org/igvt-g/blogs/wangbo85/2016/intel-gvt-g-iso-public-release-q32016
  - Repo  Kernel: https://github.com/01org/igvtg-kernel
         Xen: https://github.com/01org/igvtg-xen
         QEMU: https://github.com/01org/igvtg-qemu

New architecture for upstream:
  - KVMGT version with new VFIO interface have been upstreamed into
   kernel 4.10. You can see the code from kernel 4.10, or from our own
   GVT-g repo which hosts latest code and bug fixing.
  - Repo Kernel:   https://github.com/01org/gvt-linux.git
        QEMU:  git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git
  - XenGT code upstream is ongoing, not upstreamed. So you can't see
   those code yet. We already have a workable XenGT version for upstream,
   may share the code after interface polishing.

More details about two versions, please refer to below introduction blog:
https://01.org/igvt-g/blogs/wangbo85/2017/gvt-g-upstream-status-update-were-transition-phase

Best regards.
Hongbo
Tel: +86-21-6116 7445