Re: [Xen-devel] About UMIP unit test.

On 02/03/2017 02:33, Yu Zhang wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
>   Previously I saw your UMIP patches merged in xen, and we'd like to
> try some unit test here in Intel. And I wonder do you have any unit
> test code for this feature, or any suggestions? :)

There is support in the x86 emulator to handle UMIP correctly in the
case that it is found set in CR4.  However, the logic to emulate UMIP on
non-UMIP-capable hardware has not been merged yet.

As for unit tests, if you use
http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xtf.git;a=blob;f=tests/cpuid-faulting/main.c;hb=HEAD
as an example, making a unit test should hopefully be trivial.

General docs can be found here http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/xtf/ and 'd
be happy to answer any other questions you have on XTF, should you
choose to use it.

~Andrew