[Xen-devel] "Hello Xen Project" Book.

Dear Xen Project community members,

I have written a Xen book recently (pdf attached) which is aimed at teaching
Xen newbies. I would like to make the book available to the Xen Project under a
CC-BY-SA-3.0 license. Ideally, I would like to publish the content on the Xen
Project wiki in an editable form, such that others can contribute and build on
it and it stays up-to-date. I also noticed that the Xen Wiki has the
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection extension, which should
make it possible to create a PDF, ODF or DocBook from the pages for those who
want a manual rather than wiki pages.

I had a conversation with Lars to check whether this is possible and he
believes it is. He suggests that first we upload the book as pdf to the wiki
and as a second step, agree an information architecture and then convert the
book to mark-down. There are a number of conversion tools which should get us
there some of the way, with a bit of cleanup and beautification needed after
the initial import. I can make the source available in a format that makes
conversion to markdown easier.

What do people think? Is this a good idea? Would anyone be willing to help? I
am not very familiar with Markdown and would need someone else to help with the
wikification of the book. Lars already volunteered to help.

Best Regards