Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 106504: regressions - FAIL

There is a similar case. For level-triggered interrupt, there is a "remote IRR"
bit in RTE which is set to 1 when LAPIC accepts the level interrupt sent by
IOAPIC.  It's then cleared by EOI broadcast from LAPIC later, based on
matching interrupt vectors. If software happens to change the vector of
the said RTE in-between, "remote IRR" bit will never be cleared (it
expects an EOI with new vector now while actual EOI for previous injection
contains old vector).

Of course in our case pt timer is edge-interrupt, which shouldn't trigger
such multi-reads issue in real hardware.  But anyway it's not a good behavior
to change RTE vector w/o stopping the interrupt source first...

Thanks
Kevin