Re: [Xen-devel] raisin and minios stubdom

On 31/03/17 16:05, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>>> Why? I do like doing 'make' and 'make install' and it doing everything
>>> for me.

>> Because it means that xen build needs to download and build a lot of 3PP
>> components. Raisin is already designed to do so (it already builds qemu-xen,
>
> If you do 'make src-tarball' it will do that for you - and you can package
> all of that in a tarball.
>
>> qemu-traditional, libvirt and a few others). I think building anything
>> besides xen proper would fit its scope better.
>
> OK, but that does not square well with RPM build systems. Those are interested
> in building just one component (xen+toolstack+its extra pieces). Using
> raisin to build everything is not going to fly.
>
> (Also distros like to seperate componets out - so they build qemu-upstream
> seperate - which is used by Xen - and they could also do it for MiniOS
> if they were spec files for it and such).

There are only few stubdoms you can build without the Xen tree. How
would you do so for e.g. xenstore-stubdom needing the Xenstore sources
to be built? Several stubdoms need libxc built for stubdom included.
And you want to have a build error if e.g. a libxc modification is
breaking stubdom build.

Juergen