[Xen-devel] [Outreachy] Doubts regarding setup, git version and selection of micro task

Hi Stefano and Julien,

This is Tejaswini. I had been working as a Senior Software developer in Samsung and Cavium networks in linux kernel domain previously. I took a break for one year for personal reasons. I am looking forward to restart my career as a Linux engineer again with outreachy 2017 internships. I have experience of working with device trees and virtual filesystems.

Hence, I found the following projects of Xen-hypervisor very interesting:
1. Xen on ARM: create multiple guests from device tree
2. Share a page in memory from the VM config file

I have an intel i5 laptop already running both windows 10 + ubuntu 16.04. I was looking at Nested virtualization option to build and test Xen. Would this work for these projects?

Also, what version of git are we supposed to work on ?

I would like to work on the XEN-6 task present in JIRA. Can I do it with nested virtualization option ?

Looking forward for your reply to start working

Regards,
Tejaswini
Linkendin