Re: [Xen-devel] [Outreachy] Interested in Xen Code Review Dashboard

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 14:50 -0700, Candida Haynes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I apologize to anyone who receives this twice - I received an
> error/bounce message. I am writing because I am interested in
> applying to Outreachy and contributing to the Xen Code Review
> Dashboard. My most formal experience with open source was in 2014
> when I participated in the Ascend Project.
>
> I know I need to make a small code contribution so I am here to find
> out what to do. I have used Mercurial and Git, and have been studying
> JavaScript and Python so I am comfortable switching contexts and
> learning how different software works. I've also been exposed to Go,
> Ruby, Elm, and Swift through tutorials and immersive weekend
> workshops. My JavaScript stack is Node, Express, and PostgreSQL. I've
> interacted with Bugzilla and (briefly) with Try-Server. I enjoy
> working with data and have participated in PyData, but I want to
> learn more. I think this project lends itself to that. Can anyone
> advise on how to get started on the "small contribution" or if there
> is anyone else I need to add to this e-mail? Thanks a lot!

Hi, Candida,

The stack for this project is more like Python and ElasticSearch (I see
you are already familiar with Python, which is great).

A microtask is defined in

http://markmail.org/message/7adkmords3imkswd

And you have some other messages recently posted to this mailing list
with some more info about the project, since some other people
expressed their interest on it. Let me know if you need something else,
please.

        Jesus.

--
Bitergia: http://bitergia.com