Re: [Xen-devel] [for-4.9 PATCH] xen: credit: change an ASSERT on nr_runnable so that it makes sense.

On 13/04/17 11:00, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-04-13 at 10:42 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Dario,
>>
>> On 13/04/17 08:49, Dario Faggioli wrote:
>>> Since the counter is unsigned, it's pointless/bogous to check
>>> for if to be above zero.
>>>
>>> Check that it is at least one before it's decremented, instead.
>>>
>>> Spotted by Coverity.
>> Do you have the Coverity-ID? :)
>>
> This comes from the Citrix internal instance, so the ID wouldn't make
> any sense.
>
> I don't know if the XenProject instance has also caught it. I guess
> it's likely, but I don't have access, so I can't check.

OSSTest is currently failing at the Coverity jobs, probably because of
firewall issues uploading the analysis results.

I expect it would have noticed, had an upload succeeded recently.

On the subject of access, we really should open it up now.  The fact
that anyone can clone Xen and run Coverity themselves means there is no
point in keeping the main one private.

> Adding the above line is what Andrew suggested doing (saying he does it
>  himself) when things like this happens, to better reflect the reality.

It is the least bad way I've found of expressing the difference.