Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough will cause unknown device appearance in device manager of Windows OS via xenstore keys

On April 13, 2017 4:41:03 AM EDT, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 04:21:42PM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 04:46:33PM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
>> > On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 09:43:13AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>wrote:
>> > [...]
>ioctl
>> > >

>> > OK. Does that mean the bug is in Linux and I should just take
>Ross's
>>
>> Please don't.
>>
>> Or if you would like I can do
>>
>> Nacked-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>

>Please correct me if I'm wrong: current libxl code is broken in one way
>and
>taking that patch means to break it in another way?
>
>What is the way forward? Do you want me to wait until those kernel
>patches are upstreamed?

Yes, as we cannot allow PCI pass through devices to not have an FLR or proper
configuration register reset when a passing a device to a guest (or from one
guest to another).

I can figure something up next week on how to restructure the pciback module.

>Wei.
>

>> > patch as-is for 4.9?
>> >
>> > Wei.

Thanks!