Re: [Xen-devel] Updates on the project

Hello Jesus,

I would like to thank you for the comments. I will look into the part where it uploads the data to the Elasticsearch index and the jwzthreading.py. I believe that I had mentioned in one of the IRC chats that I would be reusing the jwzthreading.py. I am sorry if I hadn't mentioned it. However, should I be making any changes to it?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona <jgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2017-04-15 at 20:08 +0530, Gayathri Menakath wrote:
> Hello Jesus,
>
> As my periodical exams were going on I could not spend much time on
> writing the tests (2nd microtask). I will resume the work soon and
> will send the updates. Along with my proposal, I have uploaded an
> official letter from my university which states that I would not be
> having any academic commitments for at least 8 weeks during the
> coding period. I hope with that I would be able to meet the
> eligibility criteria for Outreachy. I had sent a copy of the letter
> to the Outreachy coordinators and Lars too.

Thanks a lot for the update.

> Meanwhile, may I know if you had reviewed the first microtask's code?

Yes. I did. Some of comments:

* I've tested it with some mboxes, and seem to work pretty well. A bit
weird that you have to produce a JSON file, and then upload it to ES,
instead of just uploading it to ES directly. But otherwise, it seems to
work with the tests I did.

* However, you had hardwired a path in jwzthreading.py, with (I
presume) the directory where you store the mboxes. After changing it to
mind, worked like a charm.

* BTW, I don't remember that you commented that you were using
jwzthreading.py. That's not bad (reusing code which works is always a
good option to consider), but makes the exercise different, since the
implementation of the threading algorithm is in it.

* The readme.md explains well how to run the scripts.

Saludos,

        Jesus.

--
Bitergia: http://bitergia.com