Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM] Native application design and discussion (I hope)

Hi Julien,

On 21 April 2017 at 18:57, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Volodymyr,
>
> On 20/04/17 21:20, Volodymyr Babchuk wrote:
>>
>> On 12 April 2017 at 22:17, Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> We would have one app per emulator. Each app would register an MMIO
>>> range or instruction set to emulate. On a guest trap, Xen figures out
>>> which app it needs to run.
>>
>> I't is not best approach, I think. For example we need one SMC handler for
>> all domains. Because that SMC handler should track execution state of
>> different
>> guests to help TEE with scheduling. You know, TEE can't block in secure
>> state,
>> so it returns back and blocks in kernel driver. SMC handler need to know
>> which guest it needs to wake up when times comes.
>>
>> The same story with virtual coprocessors, I think.
>>
>> On other hand, MMIO handler can be one per domain. So, it should be
>> configurable. Or, maybe we need per-app MMIO handler and one global SMC
>> handler.
>> Perhaps, we need to think about all possible use cases.
>

> Could you explain what would be the benefits to run this global SMC handler
> in EL0?
>
> After all, it will require access to the host SMC. So what will you protect
> against?
Yes, it will require access to host SMC. Idea is not to protect (but,
it can protect also).
I want to allow different guests to work with one TEE. Imagine that
multiple guests need
protected storage, accelerated cryptography or other TEE services.
All SMCs will be trapped to app, app will alter(or block) request and
forward it to TEE. This is the most basic use case, which we want to
implement.

--
WBR Volodymyr Babchuk aka lorc [+380976646013]
mailto: vlad.babchuk@xxxxxxxxx