Re: [Xen-devel] Nested Virtualization Support Host-Only Hypervisors

>>> On 09.06.17 at 09:44, <imxikangjie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Xen supports Nested
> Virtualization(https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Nested_Virtualization_in_Xen
> ),
> which means I can run Xen or KVM hypervisor inside a virtual machine,
> and then create a L2 guest. However when I run a Host-Only Hypervisor
> (no L2 guests, like MoRE, SimpleVisor and HyperPlatform) inside of L1
> guest, the L1 hangs.
>
> Is it able to make Xen Nested Virtualization to support Host-Only
> hypervisors? It is useful for security research.

Well, I'd certainly expect such to not be intentionally broken,
but with nested virtualization still not having reached mature,
fully supported state I'm not surprised you run into issues.
However, without you providing (much) more detail on the
hangs (or crashes?), there's no way forward here I'm afraid.

Jan