[Xen-devel] Hotpluggin PCI devices broken when HVM has PV drivers

Hi,

when I try to attach a pci device to a running HVM the interrupt setup
inside the domain fails if the Linux has PV support:

  kernel: xen:events: Failed to obtain physical IRQ 36

When I use [0] to get a more verbose output I get

  kernel: xen:events: Failed to obtain physical IRQ 36 (error -17)

-17 is -EEXIST

If I disable the PV drivers, for example by booting with 'xen_nopv', the
pci device works as expected.

I can reproduce this with Debian unstable as dom0 (Xen 4.8.1) and Debian
stretch live CD as HVM guest (Linux 4.9.30-2).

Thanks.

[0]:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/QubesOS/qubes-linux-kernel/stable-4.9/patches.xen/irq-bind-debug-log.patch