Re: [Xen-devel] Lots of new warnings with gcc-7.1.1

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We also have about a bazillion
>
>     warning: ‘*’ in boolean context, suggest ‘&&’ instead
>
> warnings in drivers/ata/libata-core.c, all due to a single macro that
> uses a pattern that gcc-7.1.1 doesn't like. The warning looks a bit
> debatable, but I suspect the macro could easily be changed too.
>
> Tejun, would you hate just moving the "multiply by 1000" part _into_
> that EZ() macro? Something like the attached (UNTESTED!) patch?

Tejun applied an almost identical patch of mine a while ago, but it seems to
have gotten lost in the meantime in some rebase:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9721397/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9721399/

I guess I should have resubmitted the second patch with the suggested
improvement.

     Arnd