Re: [Xen-devel] Question about Xen on ARM

Dear Christopher,

On 14.07.17 00:39, Christopher Lambert wrote:
I would like to test xen on an ARM target with one linux (as dom0) and one android (as domU).
As I know there were built such setups on Renesas R-Car H2 and H3, and TI DRA7xx based boards (Lager, Salvator-X and Jacinto6 EVM board respectively)
But there are two nasty nuances here:
    - those boards are not freely available
    - the complete setup sources are not public

I guess there are other examples of such setup, but I'm not aware of them.
Also I suppose you would build your system from the scratch anyway.

- Which board should I buy to make this work?
In order to build the required system, a board candidate should:
    - have a CPU able to switch to EL2/Virtualization mode
- have a public bootloader sources able to switch CPU to EL2/Virtualizaiotn mode
    - have a Linux system sources freely available
    - have an Android sources freely available

Jacinto6 EVM is known to me as a board satisfying all the above. It is built around SoC utilizing CA15. The pitfall here is that the board itself is not freely available and is far too expensive.

--

*Andrii Anisov*

*
*