Re: [Xen-devel] Notes Design Session: Making Releases Lessons Learned: Improving Our Release Process and Tooling

Update on some actions

On 18 Jul 2017, at 13:18, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ACTION (Wei, Julien, Lars): Have a how to be release manager file (needs to contain some of the stuff in Release technician checklist)
* RM file: clear set of criteria on PR. Go/NoGo part
* See https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/threads.html#01500 for a starting point

ACTION (Lars/Wei/Julien) to write "standard e-mail templates for common stuff" rather than re-doing these every single time

ACTION (Ian): Clean up release technician checklist after we have the how to be release manager file

ACTION (Wei/Julien): Additional stuff to add to the templates/RM guide
* Add hand-over of tasks for Release Manager responsibility to the "how to be release manager" file
* Add clear reminders in particular at the beginning of a release into e-mail templates: such as "put dates X,Y, Z in your calendar"
* Communicate better when tree is open again (add to checklist and templates)

This is covered in

Improving the Process
=====================

JIRA
----
Open source projects do NOT need licenses for JIRA: these was raised by OpenXT folks, who use JIRA

ACTION: Lars to follow up with Atlassian - https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

This is covered and I raised two tickets
#CA-297630 confirmed: Open Source license request by Xen Project
  #CA-297631 confirmed: Purchasing and licensing request (this covers how to migrate the account if approved)

ACTION: Lars to follow up with Intel on owner and describe simple process to nominate new people

Will follow up, once approved.

We then had a brief discussion on whether to use labels or components. OpenXT believe components are easier to manage

ACTION: Julien - Decide on whether to use labels or components for wiki page
ACTION: Julien - Make a proposal on components on list for review (note: Lars could help based on https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/threads.html#01590)

No progress yet

Lars