Re: [Xen-devel] Next Xen ARM community call - Wednesday 2nd August 2017

Hi Stefano,

Thank you, we're looking into this.

Regards,
Mirela

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody,

the Xen based suspend notification interface is implemented in Linux by
drivers/xen/manage.c. The guest monitors a node on xenstore named
"control/shutdown", one of the possible commands is "suspend".

See the corresponding libxl__domain_pvcontrol_* functions and their
callers under tools/libxl. You can see that libxl is able to detect if
the PV protocol is supported by the guest calling
libxl__domain_pvcontrol_available, although the detection wouldn't work
today for ARM guests.

You might also want to give a look at drivers/xen/cpu_hotplug.c (also in
Linux) which is the implementation of the PV cpu hotplug protocol.
See libxl__set_vcpuonline_xenstore in tools/libxl/libxl_domain.c.

I am sorry this protocol is not properly documented anywhere (as far as
I am aware). However, it is so simple that you should be able to
understand how it works just from the code.