[Xen-devel] Xen Backend for sound sharing for arm

Hi,
I need to do sound sharing in RCar H3.I am currently using Xen 4.8.0. I tried to patch the guest kernel(v 4.6.0) using the patch series [[RESEND1,01/12] ALSA: vsnd: Introduce Xen para-virtualized sound frontend driver] to add the support for Xen para-virtualized sound frontend driver which was made available a few days ago.

I got some errors which I guess were due to the old kernel version. So I downloaded the current stable Linux 4.12.5 from kernel.org and tried to add the patches to it. But the patch failed due to missing fields in snd_pcm_ops in pcm.h. As such, I had to patch the kernel with a different patch series[[v2,02/27] ALSA: pcm: Introduce copy_user, copy_kernel and fill_silence ops],[ALSA: sound/isa: constify snd_kcontrol_new structures][ALSA: gus: remove unused local flag] to add the new fields to pcm.h. Also, I had to copy an SoC specific firmware file[r8a779x_usb3_v2.dlmem] to the firmware directory of the kernel directory. Finally after applying all these patches to v4.12.5 and building the kernel, I got the snd-xen-front.ko file in sound/drivers/.

How can I test whether the sound frontend is working? Is the backend for sound available for sndif.h?

Regards,

Ajmal