Re: [Xen-devel] crashdump on PVM Dom0

Oh!! I'm so sorry Jan Beulich.
It is my first time to use this mailing list.
Please understand my fault, this time only.

Anyway, as you mentioned, I added below line in '/etc/default/grub' file and reboot:
> GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="crashkernel=384M-:256M@64M"
Then,
1. I cannot see anything when I type "grep -i crash /proc/iomem"
2. I can see kernel log of Xen hypervisor when I type "sudo xl dmesg | grep -i crash":
(XEN) Command line: placeholder crashkernel=384M-:256M@64M

I suppose a 'crashkernel' cmdline option of either Xen hypervisor or Dom0 kernel can be enabled.
I know it is quite difficult to advise some problems online but, could you give me a piece of hint?

Sincerely,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 28.08.17 at 11:04, <nickeysgo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
> I checked what you mentioned(Xen command line).
> But I could not find where the Xen command line configuration.
> As I think, it would be in /etc/default/grub file because Dom0 is used for
> booting like native system.
> Is it wrong? I didn't get your point?

First of all - please avoid private mails. Keep the list Cc-ed.

And then - I can't tell you how to configure your variant of grub.
All I can tell you is that the option you're after needs to be
passed to Xen.

Jan