[Xen-devel] Windows "heinsenbug" (WAS: Re: Notes Design Session: Making Releases Lessons Learned: Improving Our Release Process and Tooling)

Hi all,

On 07/27/2017 05:56 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
Jan Beulich writes ("Re: Notes Design Session: Making Releases Lessons Learned:
Improving Our Release Process and Tooling"):
[Lars:]
Ian: These are most likely software problems, most likely in Xen.
ISSUE: nobody wants to debug Windows Heisenbugs

Hmm, I think we believe to have understood what the issue is, it's just that
the change needed is on the tool stack side (gracefully deal with a domain
rebooting while being migrated).

No, the problem is that we don't understand why the domain is
rebooting.  It should not be.

This bug still seem to be around and likely going to impact once again the release testing.

As discussed during the summit, I am really thinking to make this "heinsenbug" a blocker until somehow finally spend sometimes investigating the problem and suggest actions.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall