[Xen-devel] X86EMUL_CMPXCHG_FAILED

Hello,

Now that "x86/hvm: implement hvmemul_write() using real mappings" is in, we can start working again on implementing hvmemul_cmpxchg() with a real CMPXCHG, and finally fix the SMP emulation race upstream.

However, in order to do that we would need X86EMUL_CMPXCHG_FAILED which has been dropped by Andrew here:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9449339/

and re-contributed by Jan here:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9651613/

(the patch is a combination of Jan's patch and my fumbling with CMPXCHG).

However, I remember Jan saying that his patch is no longer the way to go here. How should we proceed?

Thanks,
Razvan