Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.10.0 RC1 test result

Hi,

On 30/10/17 02:21, Hao, Xudong wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Beulich [mailto:JBeulich@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 5:19 PM
To: Hao, Xudong <xudong.hao@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>; Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>;
xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.10.0 RC1 test result

On 27.10.17 at 10:28, <xudong.hao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RAS:
[BUG] xen-mceinj tool testing cause dom0 crash
https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg108671.html

Please can you provide helpful links? This doesn't point to the beginning of the
thread, and the mail archive chosen doesn't appear to have an easy way to go
back to the head of a thread. And when I go through the parts of the thread

Unfortunately I didn't find the original link from mail-archive, but I pick up
it in my mail client, attach the original mail.

which are easily accessible there, it looks like you've never followed up on the
additional information (log) request.

I've provided the full log which included Xen and Dom0's, even though there was
no valid error message from Dom0.

This way I don't see how we can make
progress there.

Yes, this is the end mail
https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg108894.html.

Plus, looking over the Cc lists there, Linux maintainers also don't
appear to have been involved at any time.

I'm not sure if it's related with Dom0's kernel. My intention is we could
discuss in Xen list only till we make sure it's Dom0's issue.

At the moment the discussion seem to be stuck on Xen list... Jan mentioned that for now he is not convinced it is a Xen bug. How about you CC Linux maintainers to get more feedback?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall