Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create guest PV domain on OMAP5432

Hello Jayadev,

On 15.11.17 13:34, Jayadev Kumaran wrote:
Hello Andrii,

>> What defconfig are you based on? Do you have a device-tree support enabled?

I use /omap2plus_defconfig/ . Yes , device tree support is there and the dts file used is /omap5-uevm.dts

>> /But it did not get a command line to setup console on hvc0, or the kernel crashed in earliest stages.

Is there a way to debug which one of the above two possibilities has lead to the issue ?
Four years ago I did it in a following way:
    - wire up to UART2 pins on an expansion connector (this sheet might be useful for you: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu130/swcu130.pdf)
    - assign UART2 IOMEM ranges to DomU
    - enable in domu kernel earlyprintk and patch it to output to omap UART2

Nowadays assigning UART2 IOMEM ranges might be a bit more complex due to XEN evolution.

Another way is to use JTAG which understands virtualization, and allows you to debug DomU.

--

*Andrii Anisov*