Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create guest PV domain on OMAP5432

On 8 November 2017 at 14:52, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:47:20AM +0530, Jayadev Kumaran wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm trying to implement Xen hypervisor support on OMAP5432.I have followed
>> the steps as in
>> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/OMAP5432_uEVM
>> for the initial setup. I'm able to see the domain 0 successfully up.
>>

>> *root@omap5-evm:~# /etc/init.d/xencommons startStarting
>> /usr/local/sbin/xenstored...Setting domain 0 name, domid and JSON
>> config...Done setting up Dom0Starting xenconsoled...Starting QEMU as disk
>> backend for dom0*
>>

>> *root@omap5-evm:~# xl listName                                        ID
>> Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)Domain-0
>> 0   512     2     r-----      11.5*
>
> What does 'xl info' say? B/c:
> ..
>> Expanding d4 grant table from 0 to 1 frames(XEN) memory.c:238:d0v0 Could
>> not allocate order=18 extent: id=4 memflags=0xc0 (0 of 1)libxl: error:
>
> .. looks like it could not allocate memory?

This message is not important. The toolstack will always try to use
very big mapping first and then
scale down if it is not possible to allocate.

In this case, the platform does not have 1G contiguous, and will
fallback to 2M mapping.

Cheers,